You are here
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This is why we have set out the privacy guidelines below which set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. These guidelines may need to change from time to time. We will post changes to this page when such changes are necessary.
Data Protection Act
We have notified the Information Commissioner under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") that we may obtain information about data subjects. For the purposes of the Act, the data controller is GDC Group Limited.
Information We Collect From You
You will appreciate that we need to gather some personal information from you when you wish to buy our products. The details of the information we need are set out on the order form. You can volunteer some of the information we request, but you are obliged to fill in all the boxes marked with an asterisk if you wish to purchase from us.
Details of transactions you carry out through our website and fulfilment of orders will be collected and processed.
We may, on occasions, collect additional personal information from surveys and competitions, which you will not be obliged to fill in or return to us.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
When you enter our site, details of your visit, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, may be collected for our purposes, such as monitoring visitor frequency and pages accessed most frequently on the website.
We may collect information about your computer when you enter our site, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and other purposes. This is statistical data, and does not identify any individual.
What We Do With The Information We Collect
We use information held about you:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between us
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective way
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if GDC Group Limited, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of GDC Group Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
If you indicate your consent, we will also use your personal details:
- to enable us to provide you with information about our company, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, or to contact you or to allow carefully selected third parties to do the same
- to disclose it to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006
- if we consider a third party may offer you a useful or valuable service or product offering in future.
You may exercise the right to withdraw your consent at any time by using the email address set out in the "contact us" section below.
Links To Other Sites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites of partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Telling You What Information We Hold About You
If you wish to know what information we hold about you, please contact us. We will only send this information to the e-mail address we have on file, unless you send us your postal address and request us to send the information to you at by post to your address.
Removing and Correcting Information
If you request us to remove your personal information from our database or you wish us to amend or change the information we hold about you on our database, we will remove or amend any such information on your request.
Law and Jurisdiction
What are Cookies?
A "cookie" is a text file containing small amounts of information which is stored on your computer, tablet or mobile phone (device) when you visit a website.
There are different types of cookies which are used to do different things, such as letting you navigate between different pages on a website efficiently, remembering preferences you have given a website, and improving your overall experience. Others are used to measure the number of site visits and the most popular pages users visit, and may be used to provide you with advertising which is more tailored to your interests.
Some cookies are allocated to your computer only for the duration of your visit to a website, and these are called "session" cookies. These automatically expire when you close down your browser.There is another type of cookie known as "persistent". These cookies remain on your device for a period of time.
Please note that cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site.
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and so that you can manage cookies as required.
- to ensure the website works correctly,
- to remember any preferences you may have given the website and
- to collect anonymous data which allows us to see how people arrive at our website, and which content is viewed.
Third Party Cookies
When you are using this site you may notice that there is content from other websites, such as Google maps or YouTube videos. We may also provide you with the opportunity to share information with others using social networks such as Facebook. We add this content from time to time to give a better user experience. As a result, you may be sent cookies from these other websites.
We do not control these cookies and we suggest you check these third-party websites for more information about the cookies they use and how you can manage them.
How To Manage Cookies
Our cookies don't store personal information such as names and addresses, they simply enable our website to work properly and allow us to collect anonymous data about how our website is used so we can use it for continuous improvement.
However, if you would prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from this website, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Please bear in mind that if you do this, some features of this website may not function correctly or may not be provided to you.
Additional Information About Cookies
If you'd like to learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
NB: please note that we can't be responsible for the content of external websites.