Heat pumps for leisure and hospitality
With a downturn in the economy and rising costs it has never been more important for large organisations to reduce running costs. In addition, as businesses look to expand into new premises the restrictions imposed by local planning and building regulations are making heat pumps an increasingly viable option.
- For existing buildings with oil, LPG or electric heating air source heat pumps are a popular choice due to their speed of installation and low capital costs which can quickly reduce running costs. Ground source heat pumps are more suited to new build or major refurbishment projects due to the significant ground works required.
- Integrating renewable technologies into the design of the build helps developers make new developments more attractive as well as achieve targets such as BREEAM Excellent.
- Dimplex has ranges of Air source or Ground source heat pumps which offer heating and/or cooling. The heat pumps are of mono-bloc construction which uses water as a transfer medium. This gives an advantage over VRF systems for properties such as hotels and offices that have relatively small plant rooms which would limit the size of the VRF refrigeration loops due to the practical limit in the event of a refrigerant leak.
- For larger buildings that require more than one heat pump, Dimplex offers the Master controller. The master controller not only manages the heat pumps within the system, it also ensures even compressor run times, ensuring longevity of the heat pump.
- As well as a space heating demand, hotels specifically, have high hot water demand that can easily be served solely by a high temperature heat pump, or the heat pump can work as part of a bivalent system to pre-heat the water which is topped up by a boiler. Many hotels have swimming pools and leisure facilities which are suited to being heated by an air source heat pump which offer quick returns on the investment as swimming pools have high heat demands all year.
At Dimplex, we recognise that designers of heat pump systems want all the information available easily accessible.
Technical advice and specification
To assist the design process, the technical team are on hand to point you in the right direction. Whether it is to discuss the feasibility of the installation or select the most suitable product the technical team are just a call away. If you submit plans or know the heat loss the technical team can also specify the correct components for an efficient system.
For more information contact pre-sales.
- The installation instructions are available in the downloads area and contain all of the technical details about our products as well as important things to note that are specific to that product range.
- The instructions detail the key performance data, sound pressure and electrical connections as well as also dimensioned drawings. For each product the instructions also include the characteristics curves showing the kW output and efficiencies at different source temperatures and pressure loss curves used for pump sizing for the condenser.