Electric Water Heating for the Home
Electric water heating is an efficient method of heating water directly with electric immersion, reducing energy losses than can be experienced from pipework, and circulating pumps
Choose from Dimplex’s Quantum Electric Water Cylinders, EC-EAU Stainless Steel Unvented Cylinders and Smart Heat Pump Cylinder Ranges…
Quantum Water Cylinder
The Quantum water cylinder is the world’s most-advanced direct-electric water cylinder, using off-peak electricity to deliver reliable, cost-effective hot water. Working directly from the mains supply of water to ensure mains pressure from all outlets in the home.
Quantum Water cylinders enable better planning of water usage thanks to the market leading controls, which tell users at a glance how much hot water is available to use. Designed and developed by our own in-house team of experts, the Quantum cylinder is the ideal partner to the Quantum space heater for a complete heating and hot water system, or as a standalone hot water system for the electrically heated home.
Quantum Slim Cylinder Range
Combining innovative controls for unprecedented management of electrically heated homes with a slimmer design, Quantum Slim cylinders are ideally suited for properties where space is limited.
With the latest in electric heating technology and heat retention capability, they ensure that the correct amount of water is stored to accommodate the needs of the household, whilst using the minimum amount of energy.
Superior operational performance:
- High flow rates for efficient hot water delivery for powerful showers and fast-filling baths
- Fully compatible with all tap fittings
- Light and easy to handle, with surface mounted thermostats and sensors for simple installation and easy maintenance
- Supplied complete with inlet safety group and external expansion vessel
- All connections accessible from the front
Environmentally sound performance:
- Pipework routing optimises internal stratification, thereby maximising hot water availability
- Side hot water draw off connection, minimises heat losses through the top of the cylinder
- 60mm of injected polyurethane foam insulation exceeds CHeSS best practice standards for low heat loss and heat recovery
- Completely void free, including insulation around immersions and thermostats
- Recessed immersion heaters and thermostat housings reduces heat loss
- Inner vessel manufactured from high-quality Duplex stainless steel, so is lightweight, yet ultra-high strength and stress/corrosion resistant, ensuring long cylinder life.
- 100% recyclable.
- 25-year warranty.
EC-EAU Stainless Steel unvented Cylinders
The EC-Eau™ range of unvented stainless steel cylinders from Dimplex can supply all the hot water required for the modern home, providing rapid fill baths and invigorating showers to en-suite bathrooms and other domestic appliances simultaneously.
- Mains pressure hot water for fast filling baths and powerful shower
- Simultaneous supply of water to all bathrooms
- Long life low maintenance hot water supply
With both standard unvented indirect and direct models and models designed specifically to work with renewable energy sources, there is an EC-Eau cylinder suitable for every application. Offering low running costs, reliable hot water and fantastic flow rates, EC-Eau cylinders are available in a range of capacities, so there is a size to suit even the most demanding household.
The extensive EC-Eau range of unvented hot water cylinders, provide efficient and economical, hot water delivery throughout the home. Ensuring mains pressure hot water for fast filling baths, powerful showers and constant water pressure, even when the washing machine is in use.
EC-Eau cylinders can be sited in any suitable location and on any floor of the building offering flexibility in installation as well as plentiful, powerful hot water to multiple points around the building simultaneously.
- Mains pressure hot water for invigorating showers
- High flow rates for quick filling baths and simultaneous supply of water to all bathrooms
- Fast reheat for freely available hot water
- Well insulated minimising heat loss, energy consumption & running costs
- Low maintenance, so no hidden costs
- Duplex stainless steel for excellent corrosion resistance and long life
- A complete package, just add pipework
- 100% recyclable
- 25 year guarantee
Unvented Stainless Steel Cylinders For Heat Pumps
Dimplex EC-Eau heat pump cylinders are designed to operate seamlessly with heat pumps to provide and efficient an environmentally friendly way of supplying domestic hot water. Employing a large surface area heat exchanger, EC-Eau heat pump cylinders maximise the transfer of heat generated from renewable energy to the stored water, optimising heat pump efficiency and reducing running costs. Suitable for use with a wide range of heat pumps and the ideal partner to Dimplex heat pumps, EC-Eau heat pump cylinders are available in capacities from 150 to 300 litres with models also available with combined buffer tank, able to serve most domestic hot water demands.
Environmental sensitivity and efficient performance are key attributes across the EC-Eau range, which boasts 60mm of low GWP insulation foam and innovative measures such as recessed immersions and thermostats to reduce energy wastage. This combined with the use of 100% recyclable stainless steel inner components and a sleek black, hard wearing outer shell - manufactured from completely recycled materials, ensures the EC-Eau range looks as good as it performs.
Edel Hot Water Heat Pumps
The Edel hot water heat pumps are lower carbon alternatives to electric immersion heaters that makes it easier to capitalise on the benefits of electric heating for smaller properties that have to pass Building Regulations.
The hot water heat pump uses an integrated high-performance compressor to extract energy for hot water production from the external air using insulated duct work. Using up to three times less electricity than direct acting water heaters, it provides an energy efficient hot water solution for smaller, electrically heated properties such as apartments.
Domestic hot water heat pumps – already a proven technology in France and other EU countries – can significantly reduce the dwelling emission rate compared to a direct electric cylinder. Suitable for new build properties and cylinder upgrade projects, Dimplex’s hot water heat pump comes in a compact design with a high-performance rotary compressor mounted on anti-vibration pads, all designed to keep noise to a minimum.
The Dimplex EDL hot water heat pump is available in two sizes, 200L and 270L, and is approved for use in the UK under Building Regulations Part G3 unvented hot water storage systems.
The stainless steel cylinder also comes with a five-year guarantee, backed by the service excellence and rigorous product testing that comes as standard with all Dimplex installed heating products.