Create schedules with modes that are adaptable to your lifestyle.
Manage your product with voice control using Alexa.
Secure your device by locking or unlocking controls to prevent unauthorized temperature changes.
Organize your devices into sites and zones , such as "Bedrooms," to manage them more efficiently and create unique schedules.
Introducing Capa Connect, your go-to app for seamless heating management in the palm of your hand. With Capa Connect, effortlessly control multiple heating products using a single, user-friendly interface. Share access with family members and manage user permissions for ultimate control of your home's heating environment.
Keep your devices secure with lock/unlock controls to prevent unauthorized adjustments to temperature settings. Design personalized heating schedules tailored to your lifestyle, ensuring maximum comfort and energy savings. Need a sudden change? The manual override feature lets you quickly adapt to unexpected departures or early returns home.
Organize your devices into sites and zones like "Bedrooms," streamlining management and enabling unique schedules for different areas. Capa Connect automatically keeps your devices up-to-date via Wi-Fi connectivity, ensuring consistent, optimal performance for your home heating system. Experience the future of home heating control with Capa Connect.
FAQOpen all Close all
What can I do on the Capa Connect App?
- Control: Control multiple heating products in a single app
- User Access: Share access with others in your home or remove those who no longer need it.
- Lock/Unlock product Controls: Secure your device by locking or unlocking controls to prevent unauthorized temperature changes.
- Schedule: Design a personalized heating plan for maximum comfort and energy savings.
- Manual Override: Swiftly bypass your schedule to conserve energy when departing home unexpectedly or to enjoy extra coziness if you return sooner than usual.
- Sites & Zone: Organize your devices into sites and zones, such as "Bedrooms," to manage them more efficiently and create unique schedules.
- Updates: Keep your device up-to-date automatically with Wi-Fi connectivity, ensuring optimal performance.
What do I need before connecting my product?
To use this app, make sure you have the following: a compatible product (check the compatibility page for a list of supported models), a Wi-Fi connection (2.4GHz), an Android or Apple smartphone, the Capa Connect app, and a Capa Connect account.
How to create a Capa Connect account?
To get started, download the Capa Connect app by searching for it in the Android or Apple app store, or by scanning the QR code on your compatible product's box.
After installing the app, open it and tap the 'Sign up/Sign in' button. You'll see a Welcome page where you can sign up using your email or phone number. Pick your preferred option and follow the instructions on the screen.
What is a Site or Zone?
Sites and Zones help you organize and control your compatible products, especially when managing multiple heating devices with Capa Connect.
- A Site represents a location, such as your home, vacation cottage, or other similar places. You can create and link multiple sites to one user account.
- A Zone refers to a specific area within your site, like bedrooms, upstairs, or the kitchen. By grouping products in a zone, you can control all heaters simultaneously. For instance, you can set a lower temperature for the bedroom zone during the day and a warmer temperature in the living areas, as they will be more frequently used.
How to add a heater to Capa Connect?
- Make sure your heater is connected to a power source and turned on.
- Open the Capa Connect app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Log in with your Capa Connect account credentials, if you haven't already.
- In the app, navigate to the Control page, select ‘Create new site’ and enter a new for your site (EG: Home), and select the relevant time zone for you.
- Now the site has been created, select the option “Add to site” and then select the option “Set up product”
- You will be asked to scan the QR code for your product, this can be found on the rear of the product
- You will now be asked to turn on the products Bluetooth, the app will show you the correct way to do this on your product, once done press next
- Once the product and phone have made a connection, you will be asked to enter the pin code for your product, this can be found printed on the rating label or can be read of the products controller. It is a 6 digit number
- You will now be asked to select which Wi-Fi network to connect to, select the relevant network and enter the Wi-Fi password. (NOTE: if you take your phone out of the room to obtain the password, it is likely going to break the Bluetooth connection and you will need to start again)
- Press “Next” and you will be asked to give your product a name (EG: Jane’s Room) and select “Save name”
- You will next we asked to create a zone. Firstly select an icon that best represents the zone for you, secondly choose a name that best describes your zone (EG: Bedroom 1) and press the “Select zone”
- You now have the option to “add another” product or “Go to site”
How to create a schedule?
1. Select the "Schedules" option from the menu at the bottom of the screen.
2. To create a new schedule, tap the "+" icon in the top right corner.
3. Choose the site for this schedule.
4. Name your schedule (e.g., Bedroom Schedule), add a description (e.g., Regular Bedroom Schedule), and tap "Create Schedule.“
5. You can now choose to copy a plan from another schedule or select "Skip" to start from scratch.
6. Create a schedule using time blocks of Eco Mode, Comfort Mode, and Away Mode:
- Away Mode: Schedule unoccupied times (e.g., when you're at work).
- Eco Mode: Schedule times when the area is occupied but inactive (e.g., sleeping); default 18°C, adjustable to your needs.
- Comfort Mode: Schedule times when the area is occupied and active (e.g., breakfast or dinner); default 21°C, adjustable to your needs
7. A new schedule will default to Away Mode. To start, tap the suitcase icon, choose a mode (e.g., Eco Mode), and tap "Confirm Period.“
8. Next, tap "+ Add time period," set the start time (e.g., 07:00), choose the desired mode (e.g., Comfort), and tap "Confirm period.“
9. Repeat as needed to complete the day's schedule. To copy this schedule to other days, tap the “ “ icon in the top right corner, select "Copy daily plan," choose the days, and tap "Copy plan.“
10. Ensure that you have a schedule set for any days not covered by your custom schedule.
How do I set my Eco and Comfort mode temperatures?
Default Temperatures for Eco, Comfort, and Away Modes:
- Eco Mode: Default is 18°C, can be changed.
- Comfort Mode: Default is 22°C, can be changed.
- Away Mode: Default is 7°C, cannot be changed.
To adjust Eco and Comfort mode temperatures at the zone level:
- From the app's home screen, choose the "Control" option in the menu at the bottom.
- Select the zone you want to change, then tap the settings icon in the top right corner.
- Tap "Eco/Comfort mode temperature" and either type or use the "+" and "-" buttons to set your desired temperature.
- Save your changes by tapping the checkmark icon in the bottom right corner.
This allows you to have different Eco and Comfort temperatures to accommodate the needs of individuals in your household.
||DTD2R 05||DTD Alta Low Profile Wi-Fi Panel Heater 500W|
|DTD2R 07||DTD Alta Low Profile Wi-Fi Panel Heater 750W|
|DTD2R 10||DTD Alta Low Profile Wi-Fi Panel Heater 1kW|
|DTD2R 12||DTD Alta Low Profile Wi-Fi Panel Heater 1.25kW|
||DTD4R 05||DTD Alta Wi-Fi Panel Heater 500W|
|DTD4R 07||DTD Alta Wi-Fi Panel Heater 750W|
|DTD4R 10||DTD Alta Wi-Fi Panel Heater 1kW|
|DTD4R 15||DTD Alta Wi-Fi Panel Heater 1.5kW|
|DTD4R 20||DTD Alta Wi-Fi Panel Heater 2kW|
Support & TroubleshootingOpen all Close all
I can’t log in to my Capa Connect account?
If you've forgotten your password, follow these steps to reset it:
1. Tap "Sign up/Sign in" and select the "Need help?" option, followed by "Forgot password."
2. Enter the email address you used for signing up and tap "Send verification code" to confirm your account.
3. Check your email for a 6-digit verification code, input it, and tap "Verify code." Once verified, select "Continue."
4. Create a new password and tap "Continue."
5. You'll be redirected to the login screen. Tap "Sign up/Sign in" and log in with your new password.
If you receive a message saying no account is associated with the email address, you might have registered using a social account. To log in, click the appropriate icon (e.g., Google, Facebook) below the "Continue" option on the login screen.
The buttons on my product are unresponsive when I press them. What should I do?
The unresponsiveness of your product's buttons might be due to the "Key lock" being enabled. To disable it, select the zone your product is in, scroll down to the "Key lock" section, and toggle the "Key lock" to the "Off" position.
How can I download the latest software for my heater?
Wi-Fi heaters are designed to automatically receive software updates, ensuring you always have the latest features and improvements. When your heater is connected to your local Wi-Fi network, it will download and install updates as they become available.
While the heater is updating, its display and buttons may be unresponsive for a short period. Please be patient and try operating the heater again after a few minutes have passed.
Having trouble connecting a heater?
- Before scanning for Bluetooth devices, ensure that location services are enabled on your Android phone or tablet. For Android 7+ devices, location services are required to scan for Bluetooth devices and Wi-Fi networks.
- Navigate to your device's Bluetooth settings and remove any entries named "Dimplex" from the list of connected devices. Then, try the process again.
- Dimplex Wi-Fi systems operate at 2.4GHz. If your Wi-Fi router supports both 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands, ensure the 2.4GHz band is activated and selected.
- If the app requests a PIN code during setup, use the PIN found on the label at the back of your heater.
Troubleshooting offline heaters?
To check your heater's connection status, press and hold all three buttons on the heater control. A light on the heater will start flashing in one of the following colours:
Red light: The heater is not connected to the local network. Try these steps:
- Turn the heater off and on again.
- Move the heater closer to the Wi-Fi router.
- Ensure the Wi-Fi password is correct. You can change the Wi-Fi credentials by going to the zone settings, selecting options for the heater, and pressing "Change Wi-Fi connection." This will prompt you to repeat the Bluetooth setup process for the heater.
Yellow light: The heater is connected to the local network but not to the cloud services. Try these steps:
- Verify the internet connection using a different device, ensuring the network is functional (IE: ensure your Smart Phone is connected to the same network and then google something). Then, turn the heater off and on again.
- If the issue persists, the cloud services might be down. Please try again later.
Green light: Everything is fine, and the warning icon should disappear shortly.
My controller was replaced, but now I cannot connect to my heater in the app.
The controller serves as the brain of your heater, and each one has a unique identification in our cloud to keep your data secure. Therefore, when replacing the controller, it's necessary to remove the old product from your account and add the heater with the new controller as a new product.
Follow these steps if you haven't done so already:
- Remove the product from your Site, Zone, and Account. Go to your zone, select "Remove Product," and confirm.
- Ensure your heater is connected to a power source and turned on.
- In the zone where you deleted the heater, tap the settings icon in the top right corner and choose "Add new product."
- Scan the QR code provided with the replacement controller, not the one on the product. It's a good idea to place the new QR code sticker over the old one.
- Follow the app's instructions to enable Bluetooth on your product, then tap "Next."
- Once connected, enter the 6-digit pin code found on the rating label or the product's controller.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network you'd like to connect to and input the password. (Note: Leaving the room to find the password may break the Bluetooth connection, requiring you to restart the process.)
- Tap "Next," give your product a name (e.g., "Jane's Room"), and select "Save name."
- Choose either "Add another" product or "Go to site."
- Now, your heater should be connected with the new controller.